Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th among other things



I am currently working in downtown York City, a couple blocks from the World Trade Center. I have a red backpack under my desk to account for my proximity. It contains everything that the city thinks I need in the event of a(nother) catastrophe. It includes essentials like this foil wrapped brick that is supposed to be food, a couple mouthfuls of water in some pouches, a blanket in case I want to just say fuck it and lie down for a nap and a face mask made out of tissue paper. If they had asked me I would have suggested just putting a parachute and a inflatable raft in there and calling it a day. Well they didn't. Either way, seeing all the families and officials downtown today reminded me there is something going on today that does not involve Sarah Palin. Hard to believe but true. So lets just take a moment for that, the catastrophe, the fucking nightmare of a wrong war that resulted, and the list goes on........

No comments: