Tuesday, August 26, 2008

West Indian Day Bonanza

Its labor day again which means two things. One, you have to put away those white pants that you bought at Daffy's thinking it was a steal when really they just made your cottage cheese look three dimensional. Two its time to roll on down to the Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn to watch the West Indian Day Parade. Highlights from last year included rum, dancing in the street, rum, cow's foot soup, rum, more sequins than a drag show, rum. Need I really say more. I wanted to post a video of a street party down in St. Vincent in honor of this special day but google video foiled me. Will have to attempt again later. Instead I am posting this picture of a lovely friend that I made there who was really excited about his new friend, Mr. Board. Strong rum can help you to make friends with anything.



In an unrelated note, I am watching the DNC and they just said there are a group of people who are here to hear Hilary speak and they will be sitting to my right in Hilary's box. Places you don't want to be sitting without a full body bio hazard suit. On a positive note they just showed the lucky group and it seems Bill is sitting in her box.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Could you please mention Hil's box one more time?

I was surprised Bill still had access. Then again, he's a box veteran. He knows his way around those boxes.