Friday, August 22, 2008

Me and Mister Mike

I thought I would start this blog of with a repeat of the group email that I sent around about my amazing first encounter with the Mayor, know as Mister Mike.

So last night I met the mayor for about .2 seconds. I got to get my picture taken with him because I am an intern. There were about 1000 of us so they created a human conveyor belt. There was even a woman whose job it was to raise your hand and place it in the mayors. Apparently to save time in the event that your arm muscles gave out. I felt violated and it left me wondering if there would be someone to wipe for me in the bathroom. The whole event was Hawaiian themed and I went up to a man at the entrance handing out cheap plastic leis and asked him if he was going to lay me. Based on his reaction (his eyes widened, the glazed over and his jaw went slack) I determined the answer was no and lei'ed myself. Then I went and got a heaping plate of BBQ food and began chatting with a group of interns I didn't know. That lasted about five minutes until I decided the pickle on my plate wasn't actually food and fired it over my shoulder into the hedge. At which point they moved away like a herd of startled wilderbeast.

All in all a raging success.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't think of a better start to your blog.

Also, I'm extremely flattered that you sign your posts "Baby Giraffe." I think it's extremely fitting.

Looking forward to more....

ZZ said...

You are my inspiration. You have given me that nickname that I have always dreamed about.....

stephanie renee said...

Wipe my butt!