Saturday, October 11, 2008

To our money we say: bye bye bye

I have to admit I have been able to remain somewhat impervious to the whole economic crisis based on the fact that I have no money and I don't anticipate having any in the future. Im sure it is affecting me some how like the job market will be tighter than George Bush's brown eye when I try to get into it in May or my parents won't be able to retire until their 95. But that all seems so far away and lets face it, I don't have the attention span to think that far in advance.

This doesn't mean that I don't still have flashes of intense rage when I learn things like that the CEO of Lehman Brothers took home 300 million dollars in compensation in the last 8 years. Somehow for him this is evidence that "the system worked". What system was that? The make sure the economy explodes into a flaming ball of shit system.

I have decided that America needs to see these men pay. The men who tanked our economy, made millions, and then just walked away. I think that by making them pay we will all regain something as individuals and as a country. Some of you are probably screaming the stocks, the stocks (thats crucible stocks not money ones).......ahhhhh but wouldn't it be better if after months of rehearsals and an artfully crafted red wig we made Richard Fuld, the head of AIG, Fannie Mae and Fannie Mac star in this on national tv.....



I know I would feel better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should sing this karaoke!